Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question About Eyelashes

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oceancitygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When did Mattel start making all the eyelashes black???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AuntBarb1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Would this mean that the Kirsten I bought from AG in January 2000 with clothes/shoes marked Pleasant Company might still be a pre-Mattel doll? Her wrist tag, I'm sure, indicates made in China. From that I always assumed she was a Mattel doll.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe Mattel always did the AG eyelashes in black. They are stiffer too.

    We have a doll from the last batch of PC Felicity's and one of the very first batch of Mattel Felicity's. One has soft red lashes and the later one (by about a month) has stiff black ones.

    When Mattel first took over they aqquired a lot of backstock, so it was at least 2 years before they started selling only dolls they manufactured. I thnk this accounts for a lot of confusion about whether a doll is M or PC. It sounds like they still have backstock on some PC items, and it's been what - 4-5 years? I think Felicity was the last to sell off of the dolls though. I think that might be why they retired her - and also why she continued to be available online - they had a lot of her stuff to unload.

    Popsie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •